Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Ahhh....it's finally over!

And I'm so excited that Barack Obama is our next President!!!!!!

I'm getting ready to leave for a conference in Denver today, so I have to make this quick. Here are a few thoughts:

1) I'm so glad that Indiana went blue! I voted absentee in Indiana so I feel like I was able to help it go for Obama.

2) Oakland was CRAZY last night...people partying in the streets, horns honking everywhere, and fireworks and firecrackers all over the place. It was really amazing to feel the excitement and the optimism and hope that people obviously felt at the time.

3) I am relieved that the election is over. I no longer have to worry about Sarah Palin possibly becoming our President (for the next four years at least). I have a feeling this woman is going to try to become the leader of the Republican party and that scares me. We'll have to wait and see what happens when the 2012 election comes around. No sense in worrying about it now.

4) Last weekend my mom, Mike, my aunt Ruth Ann, and uncle Mike visited us! I haven't had much time to write about it but we had an AWESOME time with them. We went to my school and Karl's school on Friday, went to Sonoma on Saturday, and ran a half marathon in San Francisco on Sunday. I don't have time to go into details, but if you want to see the pictures from our weekend, go here.

I'm using Snapfish now instead of Kodak Gallery because I have a Mac computer and Kodak Gallery makes it extremely difficult to upload large numbers of pictures using a Mac.

That's all, have a great day and I'll write again when I can!

No comments: