Tuesday, November 4, 2008

In honor of election day

I took this picture at IU's Little 500 bike race last April. At the time, I was NOT happy about Barack Obama being there at all. I was 100% "Team Hillary", logging many volunteer hours at her Bloomington headquarters, and the two were locked in a tight battle in the Indiana primaries (Hillary won, by the way). I also thought it was kind of lame that he just showed up to Little 500 to shake hands, while Hillary actually came to campus to speak in Assembly Hall. Although I felt this way, I also realized he was very likely to become the next President of our country so I jumped into the mass of people, took pictures of him, and shook his hand. Now, I'm very glad that I did that! And...as you know, I've come around and I now support him for President.

I'm so glad that today is election day and all of the madness will finally be OVER soon!!! I'm upset because I have to teach from 6-10 p.m. tonight, which means I won't be able to watch all of the election results on CNN tonight as they come in. As soon as class is over I'll be high-tailing it home to see everything that I can!

Happy Election Day everyone! :)

**P.S. Pictures from my half marathon and my family's visit to CA last weekend are coming soon!

No comments: