This past weekend was the annual "KD Pontoon Trip" on Lake Monroe in Bloomington, IN. Well, I guess it started as a "KD" thing, but we've since branched out and invited other friends as well! I believe this was the fourth or fifth year for it if my memory serves me correctly. This year our friends who usually organize it, Amy and Ken, moved to Athens, GA, which meant that I stepped in to take over as the official planner. I love to plan things even though I usually get pretty stressed out about whatever it is I'm planning. Luckily this year's trip went off without a hitch. We had a total of 14 people on the boat, and despite the rain and thunder in the morning every single person had a great attitude and said "We're here so we might as well have fun!" We had friends come in from Chicago and Indianapolis for the pontoon trip so there was no way we were canceling it because of a little rain! The sun came out around 1:00 so we were able to enjoy a few sun-soaked hours of lake fun. :) Here are a few pictures from the weekend:
Cari and me hanging out in the Root Cellar on Friday night. This is the bar underneath FARM Restaurant on Kirkwood. I had never been there before but it was really cool...I will go back!
Saturday morning at the dock. I'm not sure if you can tell by this picture, but it was definitely raining at this point.
Karl and Alex were the first brave souls to enter the water.
All of the girls on the pontoon - Dana, Beth, me, Cari, Diana, and Monica.
Me in the water. It really wasn't as cold as I expected it to be.
Karl, Alex, and Greg going off the slide together.
Some of the guys on the pontoon - Karl, Carson, Nick, Greg, & Alex. I think Cy, John, and Jon are the only ones missing in this picture.
After the stormy morning we never imagined that the sky would turn so blue.
Karl and me on the boat.
Some of us at Nick's on Saturday evening - Cy, Jon, me, Beth, Nick, John, and Carson.
Cari, me, Beth, and Dana at Nick's.
As for the "spontaneity" part of this post, as many of you know, I am not exactly the most spontaneous person. I like to plan things out well in advance and I like for everything in my life to be planned and perfect. I kind of freak out when last-minute things come up because I'm so Type A. Yesterday I got a phone call from my mom and she and my grandma were playing cards in Colorado. (My grandma went out there with my aunt and uncle to visit for the week.) They said, "We're having so much fun! We think you need to book a plane ticket and come out here!" I started thinking about it and realized how much I miss my mom, and how much fun I always have when I'm with her AND my grandmother, so I thought "What the heck" and I booked a plane ticket. I'm leaving this afternoon! I am really going to miss Karl this week, but I'm also glad to have the opportunity to go see my mom and grandma before the school year starts and I get really busy. Plus I haven't seen my mom in four months and if I don't go there now I won't see her again until Thanksgiving. So....I had a little bit of the panicky feelings after I booked the flight (What do I have planned this week? Who do I need to reschedule things with? What do I need to take care of before I leave for the week? What do I pack?!) but overall I'm really glad I did it. I'll try to post some updates on here throughout the week. Karl and I went to the grocery store yesterday and stocked up on food so that he's set for the week. :)
Have a great week everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment