Friday, July 10, 2009

A hodge podge of updates

I can't believe how long it's been since I wrote a post! I really need to make a conscious effort to update this more often.

I don't really have anything specific to write about, so it's going to be a bit of a train of thought. I'll go old-school Karl style and use bullet points:

  • You don't want to lose to me in tennis.
    If you do, this is what happens!!!
Attack of the killer racquet.

In all honesty, I was a better sport after this loss than I usually am. I didn't throw my racquet and the worst thing I said to Karl the entire game was, "You turd, when did you decide to start playing the net?" I considered it a personal victory even though the score was 6-1, 6-2. ;)

  • We spent the 4th of July in Door County, Wisconsin.
    We spent three nights in Wisconsin visiting with Karl's grandparents, Wally and Norma. It was a really relaxing, low-key trip and we loved it. We were able to hang out with his grandparents, fit in a few games of miniature golf, hang out with his grandparents' friends who are always so good to us, watch a 4th of July parade and fireworks, and enjoy some great wine and food! Here are a few photos of highlights from the trip:
Norma, Wally, Karl, and me after a wonderful dinner at the Waterfront Restaurant.

A beautiful Door County sunset (this is the view from Wally & Norma's porch!)

We saw my friends Kate and Dana at the Bailey's Harbor 4th of July Parade.

Wally enjoying some wine one evening.

Karl and me by the rocks on Lake Michigan at his grandparents' house.

  • I've been running a lot more lately!
    I might have mentioned this in a previous post, but I LOVE running in Bloomington. I've started running a lot more since we moved here and it's a great feeling. So far my longest run has been 7 miles. I ran that distance in 58:30 last week, and ran it again today in 57:40. Woo hoo for a better time! I've also started integrating one speed workout a week. Last week I did 400 meter repeats and this week I did hill repeats. My next goal is to start running in some of the local road races. There are plenty between August and November, so I plan on competing in as many of them as I can! I'll continue to update my progress on here.
  • We're visiting my family next weekend and I am really looking forward to it.
    On Saturday I have my best friend Lori's baby shower to attend, and we'll also have time to visit with my dad and my grandma, and probably more family members!
That's all for now. Have a great weekend and I promise to try to update this more often!

No comments: