Sunday, August 16, 2009

Memory Lane

My dad recently brought over boxes and boxes and boxes of my old things, along with my huge Hope Chest to put them all in. I made our home office look like an absolute destruction area when I started going through everything. I sifted through old scrapbooks, yearbooks, pictures, cards, and other mementos from my life...and took a few pictures along the way. I thought I'd share some of my memories here (click on the pictures to see a larger version):

Kappa Delta paddle

Elberfeld Elementary School spelling bee champ...my prize was this huge dictionary.

Acceptance letter to IU (for my undergrad).

I didn't remember being in the paper for Senior Prom, but apparently I was! The lefthand picture is me with my three best friends from high school: Lori, me, Brooke, Melissa.

I forgot about this, but I went to a "Lugar's Symposium for Tomorrow's Leaders" conference my junior year of high school and met Richard Lugar. He still looks the same!

WOW, I saved every single high school prom corsage...Freshman through Senior years!

Patches that I never put on my letter jacket.

Regionals 1996 - This is probably the cross country race that I'm most proud of from high school. I love this picture too...beating Julia Ledbetter at the finish line. I never thought I would EVER beat her!

Plaques, Spirit Stick, etc. I forgot about all of this stuff.

Mostly gymnastics medals...and a few T&F. Can you believe I kept all this stuff??

I didn't know I owned this! I love it!!! :)

So...I got a certificate for being the Student Council Historian? That's kind of funny.

It looks like most of my trophies are gone for good, but somehow I held on to this Turkey trophy...I have to say it's one of my favorites ever. A turkey wearing running shoes on top. :)

The Hope Chest is stuffed to the max!


No comments: