Saturday, October 31, 2009

Run for Shelter 5K - 10/31/09

Today Karl and I got up bright and early to trek up to Mooresville, Ind., for the first-ever Run for Shelter 5K race. I wasn't sure how I would do because I was pretty tired from the recent trip to Cleveland.

Much to my surprise, I was the overall female winner in the race! I wasn't very happy with my time - 22:14 - but it always feels nice to win. Karl ran a 19:23 and was second in his age group. We both left happy that we made ourselves get up early to do it. Plus, the proceeds go to a great cause - Habitat for Humanity. Now I just need to work on a few aspects of my training because I would like to run consistently in the 21-minute range every race.

Here are a few photos:

Karl got this pic of me running down the stretch to the finish. It was kind of dark so I doctored it up to try to lighten it...I think all I accomplished was making it fuzzy. ;)

Heading into the finish chute.

Posing with my prizes - plaque and a Habitat for Humanity hat that I won during the door prize giveaways. The race director heckled me for wearing a Yankees shirt. I guess with all the Yankees haters out there, it was pretty brave on my part to wear it.

My plaque.

That's all for now! Karl and I are getting ready to take off for some Halloween fun. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

No comments: