Sunday, January 4, 2009

Getting ready for "back to school"

I've enjoyed an entire three weeks off of school, though it actually feels like it's been a lot longer than that! Karl had two weeks off, and we both start back to school tomorrow. I'll be teaching a January Term class titled, "Every Sport Publicized Now: The Anti-ESPN", which runs through the month of January and I teach it four days a week for two-and-a-half hours a day. Whew, I'm going to be worn out after this. I am also teaching a graduate business course titled, "Media and Public Relations in Sport Business". I teach my first class in both tomorrow so wish me luck. Karl is gearing up for back to school as well, and wondering what he'll do with his P.E. classes now that the California temperatures have dropped a bit and it's not as ideal to have the kids outside every day.

We celebrated our second wedding anniversary in Napa recently and had a wonderful time! We visited four wineries (we are at Rombauer Winery in the picture on the right), which I wrote about on our Wine Duo blog. I also just updated that blog with a review of Barefoot Zinfandel - a true steal at just $4.99 a bottle! In addition to winery hopping, we ate a delicious dinner at Celadon restaurant. If you are ever in Napa, trust me, this restaurant is a MUST. It might possibly be the best dinner we have ever had. Well...there have been a few other really good ones, but this one ranks right up there with them.

I hope everyone has a great week and I'll try to keep blogging as much as possible! :)

1 comment:

Erin said...

congratulations!! and good luck teaching that class!