Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Good music

I rarely talk about music, in fact I have really only written about it on here when I've been to a concert. As most of you know, I'm basically a traitor to my generation in terms of music preferences and much prefer to listen to Stevie Nicks, Fleetwood Mac, Tom Petty, Neil Young, the Beatles, Rolling Stones, etc. rather than most of the crap that's out there today (exceptions - Killers, Green Day, U2, Coldplay, & Modest Mouse). For some reason I just don't enjoy much music that is produced today.

So anyways, I'm not going to drone on and on about this, but there's one song in particular I have been listening to a LOT lately and I wanted to recommend it to anyone else who might have a bit of a "down" day or might not be in the best of moods. This one always makes me smile and feel a little better...and during the part where they say, "Riding around in the breeze" I think of my good friend Erin, who drives a Plymouth Breeze. ;) It also doesn't hurt that this band is made up of some of my all-time favorite artists: Tom Petty, George Harrison, Bob Dylan, Roy Orbison, and Jeff Lynne (though I'll admit...I don't know much about the last guy).

Take a listen to the TRAVELING WILBURYS and have a great evening:


No comments: