Today we made yet another Lowe's run (I think this is #4 or 5 in the past two weeks) and picked up a ladder so that we could have access to the attic. While we were there we also picked out knobs and pulls for our kitchen and bathroom cabinets. They are a housewarming gift from my mom! She saw a picture of the kitchen and its bare cabinets and said, "I have the perfect thing to get you for your housewarming gift - your pulls and knobs!" So we checked out several designs and decided on the ones we want today. They should arrive in about 10 days, hooray!
We also bought some hanging plants to put on the front porch. We don't have time to embark on any landscaping adventures this week, so the hanging plants will have to do for now. Karl also mowed our grass for the first time today and it looks great. It also gave him a chance to test out the new lawnmower. :)
Here are a few photos I took with my phone. The quality on these isn't great, but it will give you an idea of how some of our rooms look.
Entryway.
One view of the living room.
Hanging plants on the front porch.We plan on painting some of our walls in the future, but for the time being we are going to leave them white until we find the "perfect" colors for them. We don't really feel a sense of urgency to paint them, but know it's something we want to do eventually. Tonight we had some friends over for a small cookout and one of our friends, Allison, is a real estate agent in Connecticut so she sees houses and paint colors alllll the time. She gave us some good ideas for what we could do. I really need to start watching HGTV...
That's all for now! I'll try to write more about our weekend later - it was a fun one! :)
That's all for now! I'll try to write more about our weekend later - it was a fun one! :)
1 comment:
congrats!! looks nice guys, keep up the good work!! ;) i think lowes is going to be your second home from now on, lol! and yes, hgtv is the BEST!
Post a Comment