Sunday, July 13, 2008

A lot of goodbyes...

Over the past week Karl and I have been trying to squeeze in time to see everyone we possibly can before our move. It has resulted in quite a few "goodbye" get-togethers, dinners, etc. I am so thankful for the wonderful friends and family I have here in the Midwest, and it has just recently begun to hit me how much I am going to miss everyone when we move. So thank you to everyone who has made my past 28 years in the Midwest so memorable!

Today we were lucky enough to have some people come and pick up all of the furniture that we don't want anymore. The organization that runs the "Safe Place" program is having a yard sale to benefit Safe Place, so we donated our bed, couch, two dressers, desk, coffee table and end table, and more. It felt great to get some things out of this tiny apartment, and I'm glad it will go to someone else rather than to the junk yard or dumpster. We have spent most of the evening packing up everything that's left - mostly things in the kitchen. Tomorrow my dad is coming to help us load up the Penske truck, and Tuesday we take off for our move across the country!

Here are a few photos to show some of the nice times we've had during our "last visits" with friends and family:

Eating dinner at Lennie's with my good friend Erin McNary. I am going to miss her so much when we aren't in Bloomington anymore. We're kind of like two peas in a pod.

Karl and his buddy Reid met up one last time at Lennie's as well. I know Karl is really going to miss working out with him.


I was fortunate enough to see several of my KD friends at Jen Satterly's wedding on July 12 in Indianapolis.



One last dinner at our favorite restaurant in Bloomington, Anatolia, with Karl's parents.

No comments: