Today I had an "80s Day". I watched the movie "Pretty in Pink" as I graded papers and wrote my lecture for tomorrow's Legal Issues in Sport class, remembered what a huge crush I used to have on Andrew McCarthy, haha (see pic to the right....the guy on the left), and created a pretty kickin' 80s playlist of songs for my iPod, which I cannot quit listening to now! I LOVE THE 80S!!!!!!!!!!!!!Here's the playlist in alphabetical order by artist name. I originally wanted to make an "80s Movie Playlist" but it quickly became an all out 80s playlist, regardless of whether the song had been in a movie or not. If it was in a movie that I know about, I'm noting it in parentheses below.
Please entertain me with comments about these songs and/or suggestions for more songs I could add to the playlist!
1) Obsession - Animotion

2) Heaven is a Place on Earth - Belinda Carlisle
3) Call Me - Blondie
4) Heart of Glass - Blondie
5) The Tide is High - Blondie
6) One Way or Another - Blondie
7) Total Eclipse of the Heart - Bonnie Tyler
8) Video Killed the Radio Star - The Buggles (I know this was in Empire Records, but that's a 90s movie)
9) Don't Dream It's Over - Crowded House
10) Karma Chameleon - Culture Club
11) Do You Really Want to Hurt Me - Culture Club (in "Wedding Singer", which is another 90s movie)
12) Girls Just Want to Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper (in "The Goonies" and others I'm sure)
13) Let's Hear it for the Boy - Denise Williams (in "Footloose")

14) Come On Eileen - Dexy's Midnight Runner
15) Hungry Like the Wolf - Duran Duran
16) Sweet Dreams - Eurythmics
17) One Thing Leads to Another - The Fixx
18) We Got the Beat - The Go-Go's (in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High")
19) Vacation - The Go-Go's
20) Magic Man - Heart
21) What About Love - Heart
22) These Dreams - Heart
23) Alone - Heart
24) Don't You Want Me - The Human League
25) Never Tear Us Apart - INXS
26) Centerfold - J. Geils Band

27) St. Elmos Fire - John Parr (in "St. Elmo's Fire")
28) Dust in the Wind - Kansas (in "Old School", which is a 2000s movie I think!)
29) Footloose - Kenny Loggins (in "Footloose")
30) Something About You - Level 42
31) Like a Prayer - Madonna
32) Sister Christian - Night Ranger
33) If You Leave - Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark (in "Pretty in Pink"...I think this is my favorite song on the whole playlist)
34) Heartbreaker - Pat Benetar
35) Hit Me With Your Best Shot - Pat Benetar
36) Love is a Battlefield - Pat Benetar

37) We Belong - Pat Benetar
38) Take it on the Run - REO Speedwagon
39) Jessie's Girl - Rick Springfield
40) Young Turks - Rod Stewart (by the way, why is the song called "Young Turks" when he sings "Young Hearts" in the lyrics???? I am so confused about this)
41) Forever Young - Rod Stewart (I think this might really be a 90s song but I like it)
42) Don't You Forget About Me - Simple Minds (in "Breakfast Club")
43) Tainted Love - Soft Cell
44) Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now - Starship

45) Everybody - Tears for Fears
46) Hold Me Now - The Thompson Twins (also in "The Wedding Singer")
47) I Think We're Alone Now - Tiffany
48) Everybody Have Fun Tonight - Wang Chung
Next up...I need to get some songs from Dirty Dancing, Karate Kid, and Top Gun. That will make the collection complete! :)
P.S. I own every one of the movies on this page...I am a true 80s dork. I might just have my own 80s movie marathon this weekend if I can find time (and if Karl doesn't go too crazy when I start watching all of those movies...)
No comments:
Post a Comment