Thursday, March 26, 2009

I wish I could post "smells" on here

Right now the flowers, trees, and other plants are blooming and I just want to bottle up all of the wonderful spring smells and share them with you in a post! I feel as though I have a very keen sense of smell, and each season is so distinct. I love the smell of falling leaves in the fall, the pine trees in the winter, the budding flowers and trees in the spring, and the smell of fresh cut grass in the summer. I have actually been able to smell the fresh cut grass on campus at Saint Mary's recently and mmmmmm it was great! The smells also remind me of different athletic seasons...just the other day I said to Karl, "Wow it feels like track season!" I felt like doing some 400 meter repeats....and then I came to my senses. ;)

We can take pictures of things we see with our eyes, listen to audio files of things we hear, but we just can't capture scents to share with each other (well, except for perfume but that doesn't count). What a shame, but it also makes it that much more special when the new seasons come around and we smell those things we haven't smelled for the past year.

I hope wherever you are the smells of spring are delighting you as well! :)

*I took this picture with my cell phone a few weeks ago.

1 comment:

Whiteboard Daily said...

Mmmm, I wish you could bottle up the scent of a "Berkeley Stinker" and pass it on to me!