Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving in Colorado & more!

Hello! We just got back from a wonderful five day Thanksgiving break in Colorado. We stayed with my mom and her husband, Mike, and did a lot of the following...

- Sleeping in
-Hiking
-Eating
-Relaxing

It was exactly what Karl and I both needed. Rather than writing a lot about it, I'm just going to post some pictures:

Karl on one of our many hikes behind my mom and Mike's house!

My mom and me on a hike.

Mike, my mom, and their sweet little puppy, Cefalu.


Cefalu being sweet on Thanksgiving.

The whole Varone - Eagleman crew on Thanksgiving.

The feast!

Gorgeous view from one of our hikes.

Silly pic of Karl and me with the Pony Express-o sign in Larkspur.

Time to head to the airport and say goodbye to my Momma. :(


Now we have three more weeks of school, and then a nice long winter break. :) Today we bought our first REAL Christmas tree since we've been married (we always had a fake one before) and I'm really enjoying the pine scent from it. Karl also put lights on the outside of our house, which look wonderful (see the photos below...sorry these aren't great quality; they were taken with our cell phones).

The star is a little high, but that's okay! :)

Lights on our house.


Finally, I think I've made a few decisions regarding my running:

1) I'm going to do the IU Mini Marathon in Bloomington in April! I was debating between this one and the new one in Evansville, but I think I'll do the IU one since I have never done it before and this is the fourth or fifth year for the race.

2) I am also going to do a half marathon in California in July. It's called the Napa to Sonoma Half Marathon, and just as the name implies, you start in Napa and finish in Sonoma. It just so happens to be on the exact same weekend as the annual Crossfit Games, which Karl has been DYING to go to, so it works out well for both of us. :) I'm going to try to catch up with a few of my old Saint Mary's students when I'm there too, which will be really nice.

That's all for now! Another crazy week is about to begin!

1 comment:

Erin said...

looks like you guys had a wonderful time in colorado, andrea! the new pup is adorable, you guys all looked so happy, and wow, mike's girls are beautiful - they look just like him! :) can't wait to see you guys in less than a month, woo hoo!