Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Good Quote

This is going to be a Karl-style post. Short and to the point.

I'm running my FINAL race in the 2009 Magnificent 7 Series this Saturday (an 8K race in Brown County) and I'm currently in second place overall in the series. This means I'm in second out of all of the women in every single age group who have competed in the series this year. After doing all of the math (runners earn points based on their place at each race), there is only ONE way I can win the entire thing: come in first place overall out of all the females in the 8K race this weekend. That's a bit of a nerve-wracking task, especially since I have no clue which other runners will be there. Needless to say, it's been consuming my mind a little bit this past week!

I get daily "Kick in the Butt" emails from Runner's World, which always contain an inspirational quote. Here's the one I just received. I like it and it's good for me to think about going into this weekend's final race:

"When you've trained as best you can and you know your competition has done the same, nothing really matters but your mental strength and your belief."
--Florence Griffith Joyner (aka Flo Jo)



No comments: