Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I'm 29 years old today!

Yes, just one year away from that magical, scary number....30! Ahhhh! Today (May 13) was my 29th birthday and I took some photos throughout the day to chronicle the big 2-9. Enjoy.


On Monday Karl had the day off, so he biked over to Trader Joe's and came home with this beautiful bouquet of flowers for me! He was going to get another bouquet for me today on my actual b-day but I told him not to...these were perfect!



I had to teach two classes on my birthday, and my Sport Law students were giving presentations. I decided to bake cupcakes and pass them out to my students in class. I said, "We're going to have an old school elementary-style birthday party!" and they all enjoyed it (although they might have thought I was a little nuts...I doubt any other professor has ever done that for them). One student even ate four of the cupcakes. When they asked how old I was and I said "29" they were like, "No way!" I am not sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing...either they thought I was a lot younger or a lot older...

Karl and I busted out a bottle of the "good stuff" for dinner tonight. We enjoyed some Artezin Petite Sirah - Garzini Ranch. This came with one of our club shipments from Hess Collection. When we were there this past weekend our favorite Hess employee, Heather, told us this stuff was ready to open! We followed her advice and she definitely did not steer us wrong! It was amazingly smooth, yet flavorful, and paired perfectly with...

The "arugula pasta" that Karl made me for dinner! YUMMMMM! It is one of our favorite dishes to make and we savored every bite! Even though, we still saved room for...

ICE CREAM CAKE! Double yum! :) The entire time we ate these delectable dishes, we had great conversations and watched two of our favorite shows...

1) American Idol...GO ADAM LAMBERT! Karl and I love him!!!

and

Ghost Hunters! :)

Now the day is over and it's time to catch some zzzzzzz's. I hope you all had as great a day as I did! :) Also, thanks to the 70+ people who wished me a happy birthday on Facebook! WOW! Next Wednesday Karl and I will continue my b-day celebration with a trip to the Oracle Arena to see my all-time favorite band, Fleetwood Mac! I can't wait!!! This will be my third time to see them live and Karl's first.

GOODNIGHT! I'M 29!

GOODNIGHT! KARL IS 30!





1 comment:

Erin said...

wow, 70 happy wishes? you're such a popular girl! ;) glad you had a nice day.

if you get a moment, i'd still LOVE that recipe for the arugula pasa...my mouth is watering sitting here looking at the photos of the zin and the pasta. yum!