Saturday, August 23, 2008

Crime across the street! YIKES!

Earlier as Karl and I left our place to go to the movie theater, we noticed a news truck parked outside on the street and we joked, "Oh gosh I hope they're not here doing a crime report..." Well we just saw the nightly news, and yes, the news truck was indeed there for a crime report.

Last night around 10:00, as we sat here watching the Olympics, the coffee shop literally RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET from our townhouse was robbed by two gunmen. Luckily no one was hurt. It's pretty scary to hear about a crime like that taking place just a few hundred feet from your home! I think I'm ready to move out to the 'burbs.

Here's an article about it:

http://www.foxreno.com/news/17272851/detail.html

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nick and I are glad you guys are okay!

Lora said...

That was just the welcoming committee for Oakland! Welcome to Oakland ;-) The crime here sucks..as Adrian always tells me "make certain to have your mugger money on you!" Makes you feel warm and cozy! Glad you guys are OK and weren't enjoying lattes across the street!