
No, those last two photos are not of the same person...the first is Palin talking to her husband and the second one is Fey. They look exactly alike and are wearing almost identical shirts! Weird.
I know it's a tricky tactic on McCain's part to try to woo women voters and/or Hillary supporters by select a female VP (since Obama clearly dropped the ball on that one), but it'll be very interesting to see how it all plays out. I'll admit it, I'm intrigued. I want to know more about this woman... Just because she is female does not mean that women voters are going to automatically vote for her. I'll be interested to see what comes out about her in the next few days...who is she, what does she stand for, what has she done, etc. You know, all of those things relevant to her potential as the VP of our country! So far all I have learned is that she has five children (one of whom is serving in Iraq), she was a basketball star in her hometown, and got her undergraduate degree in Journalism at the University of Idaho...and I also learned from an article on abcnews.com that the "beehive" is her signature hairdo. Seriously, was that an important fact to mention in a news article? When Joe Biden was selected to be the VP I didn't read anything talking about the "balding hair-helmet" as his signature 'do (which, apparently, it is). It just illustrates once again how the media cover males and females differently, but I won't get into specifics about that here.
Quick addition to this post - I just watched a 15-minute speech by Palin and was delighted to see her give Hillary Clinton and Geraldine Ferraro the respect that they deserve. It wouldn't have been right for her to make a speech without acknowledging the women who worked so hard and paved the road for her to reach this point. In case you're wondering, I'm still reallllly bitter about Hillary not being named the Democratic VP...
1 comment:
Yes! I totally agree with you and thought the same thing when I saw her.
Post a Comment