1) Sarah Palin is not experienced enough to be the Vice President. It is kind of scary to think about her taking over the Presidency if McCain dies, and after reading more about her I have come to realize that I have different views than her on several issues. I also don't think she should be the first woman in the White House...someone who has worked hard over a long period of time and has fought hard for women's rights deserves that honor...and we all know who that is. Maybe in eight years, Hillary. :(
2) How can people who smoke claim to be "environmentally friendly"? I got an invitation to add an application called "Green Planet" or something like that on Myspace today, and the person who sent it to me is sitting there smoking a cigarette in their profile picture. Conflict of interest, perhaps? Oh and the other day as I was walking past the tree protesters in Berkeley, one of them said, "Trees are the oxygen of life!" as he was standing there smoking a cigarette. Trees may be the oxygen of life, but your second hand smoke is the cancer pollutant of innocent lives, buddy.
3) I'm still an undecided voter. It's obvious that Obama will win all of the electoral votes in California since it's such a liberal state...so does my vote really matter anyway? Why does our country use this messed up system of electoral votes? Why doesn't the popular vote count? That makes so much more sense to me (and would've ensured Al Gore the Presidency back in 2000..and then maybe our country wouldn't be in such shambles today!). I will either a) vote for Obama, or b) not vote at all. Because of my bitterness about the big Hillary sideswipe, I'm leaning towards "b". I agree with Obama's position on issues and believe he would try to make our country a better place, but I think a lot of people will be very disappointed when/if he is elected and realizes he can't deliver on all of the big promises he's making. And if he loses? Well let's just say he will be kicking himself in the behind for not selecting Hillary as his running mate...and that is the #1 reason I cannot bring myself to say with 100% certainty that I'll vote for him.
4) I miss Bloomington pretty badly today. It's the opening day of the IU football season and I wish I was there to partake in all of the game-day activities (and cheap ticket prices...$39 each). I also wish we were able to get the Big Ten Network out here so that we could watch the games, but unfortunately we're not. Cal is playing Michigan State today and for a moment I thought about getting tickets for Karl and myself, but with the least expensive tickets coming in at $51 each, it doesn't really seem worth it since we're not huge fans of either team.
5) Karl's students think he is a "superhero"! I don't think he has written about this yet on his blog, so I'll take the liberty and report on it myself. Because his last name is "Eagleman" and the students have never heard a last name like that before, some of them are convinced he's a superhero. This story makes me laugh and smile because it's cute that the kids are still young enough to believe in superheros, and I think it's hilarious that they think Karl is one! Yesterday he was walking out of a door to the area where the kids were having recess right as three little girls said his name...and because he walked out at that very moment they said, "See, you heard our call! You really are a superhero!" haha He also seems to be pretty popular with the students...some kids have even had their parents write notes to request that they be switched into his class.
That's all for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey - you gotta post this superhero commercial. It was one of my favorites growing up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4-e4nlfdRI&feature=related
Post a Comment