Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A good day :)

I just feel like writing a short post because today has been great. Nothing spectacular or out of the ordinary happened, it was just one of those all around "good days". I picked up Karl from work and he was in a great mood, which made me very happy because sometimes his job can stress him out a bit...and he told me a lot of funny stories about his students, then I told him some funny ones about mine from today.

Other great things about today:

- There were no crazy Hondas trying to kill me this morning during my commute. I had some nice BMWs, Mercedes, and Toyotas behind me and none of them gunned the gas and slammed on the breaks or took their eyes off the road as they talked on their phones and dug through their purses. Therefore, my stress levels were very low on the drive to work.

- It was actually kind of COLD today! I busted out my "fall jacket" because it was just in the 50s today...and I kind of enjoyed bundling up a little.

- I got a free lunch at the technology fair at Saint Mary's today. This is no big deal but for some reason I just loved not having to pay...

-Karl and I are going to an A's game tonight with one of his co-workers and his wife. We haven't been to an A's game in a few weeks so it'll be nice. I am guessing this will be our last one of the season.

For those of you who are like me, you're probably anxiously awaiting the new fall TV season to start. I can't wait to see my favorite show, The Office, and I also think I'll try watching that new show with Molly Shannon and Selma Blair called "Kath and Kim". Oh and I also like Grey's Anatomy but Karl isn't as into that one. During the TV off-season we discovered a show that we rented on Netflix called "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia". It's not the absolute best show I've ever seen, but it's pretty funny. It's about three guys and one of their sisters...they all own a bar in Philadelphia and these are about the most politically incorrect people you've ever seen. The new season debuts tomorrow night on FX. Here's a clip from one of the episodes from the first season...check it out...you'll definitely see what I mean about how un-PC they are:



If you like shows such as Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and Arrested Development, chances are you will probably like this one too.

I hope everyone had a Happy Wednesday! :)

No comments: