Friday, September 12, 2008

This is hilarious

Karl and I just spent the last hour watching videos on ABCnews.com (once we started watching them we just couldn't stop...these videos are too crazy). Almost all of the videos are about the Presidential election. Here are two you absolutely have to watch:
1) True or False: The Palin Fact Check



Tonight I was telling my grandmother that Palin is a hypocrite and she asked me to explain why...well, that video should show you why. She flip-flops on her stances on issues and the whole global warming thing is a prime example of it. She also proved she is out of her league. The comments about other VPs not meeting foreign heads of state was completely wrong, yet she said it with such confidence and almost a "Gotcha!" attitude. Time to do your research before heading off to an interview, Sarah. Speaking of doing her homework, how about her answer to the Bush Doctrine question? YIKES, you'd better know what that is if you think you're going to lead our country!

2) Sarah Palin's friends speaking about her

This one is only available on ABC's website, and unfortunately they don't allow people to embed their videos on sites such as this. Instead, follow this link. Go watch it, I swear it is worth your time. This video is just hilarious...I was sitting here watching it wondering to myself, "Are you sure this isn't a Saturday Night Live skit???" They all just seem a little nervous and awkward. I could definitely see Kristen Wiig and Amy Poehler imitating this on SNL. The part that probably made me laugh the most is when the lady said with wonder in her eyes and a whispering tone something along the lines of, "She speaks to native tribes in Alaska, and they don't even speak English! It's like talking to a foreign state!" The woman was so serious when she said this and it really cracked me up. In another segment of this interview that aired, three out of the four of them would not admit that they will vote for McCain/Palin. They basically made it seem like they are not going to vote for their best friend, and by the way this group calls themselves "The Elite 6". Where was #6? I was left wondering if the so-called "elite" have trouble counting... And who comes up with a name for themselves like that? I remember in third grade I was a member of the BF&BBs, which stood for "Best Friends & Best Buds", but I certainly don't think I have ever in my adult life referred to myself in such a manner.

Here's a screen shot of four of the six (again, I am confused as to who #6 is if Palin is #5!) Below the picture I have labeled which current SNL cast member should play which lady. ;)


From left to right: Amy Poehler, Andy Samberg (he'd be dressed in drag), Kristen Wiig, and Bill Hader (dressed in drag as well).

Speaking of SNL, the new season starts TOMORROW NIGHT! Karl and I are pumped. Michael Phelps is hosting and I heard Barack Obama is going to make a special appearance. I hope and pray that Tina Fey makes a surprise appearance as well to play the role of Sarah Palin, whom they will undoubtedly do a skit on.

Really quickly, back to the election videos, if you are on the ABC News site, watch the one where James Carville breaks down his views on Sarah Palin's interview with Charles Gibson...Carville is so sarcastic, I love him!

Did you see that Sarah Palin said that she thinks Barack Obama regrets not choosing Hillary as his VP? Then Biden admitted to a huge audience that Hillary might be more qualified for the VP position than he is! Wouldn't it just be wonderful if Biden would step down so that Hillary could take the VP spot? I think that would be the smartest move for the Democrats at this point. Hillary would completely smother Palin in a debate. I would love to see that! Actually, judging by the Charlie Gibson interview, it doesn't seem like it takes much to make Palin look like she doesn't know what she's talking about.... I'm sure Biden can probably get the job done.

In other news, I have discovered a new love of National Public Radio, or NPR as you might know it. Every day when I drive to work I just love listening to the news on that radio station. I can't believe I've never listened to it before now! My old boss, Peter, always listened to it and told me I should do the same, but I was young and "too cool" back then. How times have changed.

Happy Friday everyone! :)

2 comments:

Ali said...

Andrea-
I agree with you! Also, Sarah went to 5 colleges in 6 years... I'm waiting on the reason for that to surface. She did HORRIBLE in the interview.

p.s. This is Ali (Crawford) Mullen from one of your IU classes, hope Cali is treating you well!

Andrea said...

Hey Ali! I've been wondering about the 5 colleges in 6 years too...why doesn't anyone ever bring that up? It'll be interesting to hear the reason she gives for it.