I have recently started watching The Daily Show with Jon Stewart every now and then...in fact I was just telling Karl that I need to listen to his parents more often - they are big Jon Stewart fans as well as NPR fans, two things that I have recently come to enjoy!
Anyway, you've got to see this clip from today's Jon Stewart show. Seriously, take the time to watch this! He's pretty funny...MAKE SURE YOU WATCH IT ALL THE WAY TO THE PART WHERE HE TALKS ABOUT HER "BLINK" COMMENTS!!! :)
I am sure some people are wondering how I could be such an advocate for a woman such as Hillary Clinton and then completely bash a woman like Sarah Palin. Well, it's simple: Hillary Clinton is one of the most intelligent, hard-working, and informed women in our country. The media bashed her for superficial reasons such as her looks and her lack of a fashion sense...also because she is an aggressive woman who knows exactly what she wants and isn't afraid to go after it. Basically, they made fun of her because they were intimidated. Sarah Palin, on the other hand, is bashed in the media because she's not qualified for the job of VP, and quite frankly, because she's a (there is a word I wanted to write here and Karl told me it sounded too mean...so I went to thesaurus.com and here are all of the possible synonyms for this word. Take your pick: ament, blockhead, bonehead, booby, cretin, dimwit, dolt, dope, dork, dullard, dunce, fathead, fool, imbecile, jerk, moron, nitwit, simpleton, stupid, twit.) I can get behind the media calling out someone when they really deserve it...and I think in Palin's case it is deserved.
I've probably said too much and offended someone at this point, so...enjoy the Daily Show and whatever you do, DON'T BLINK!!!! ;) --> Now you have to watch the video so you'll know what I'm talking about!
**If you are sick of all of my political posts, just look below - I wrote one today where NO politics are involved at all!!!! And just think...in less than two months the election will be over...crazy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment