Saturday, September 20, 2008

Great day for a hike!

Today Karl and I woke up and were pretty lazy for the first part of the day...then we decided it would be a great day to get out and do something outdoors. I have been dying to check out the Strawberry Canyon Fire Trail in Berkeley, but when I did a Google search to find out where it was, I also found the Claremont Canyon Regional Trail. For whatever reason, I decided it would be better to check that one out since it meets up with the Strawberry Canyon Trail. It turned out to be a good decision.

While driving up Claremont Ave. to reach the trail, we realized that this was the very same road that a couple of skateboarders made a video on, which Karl posted on his blog last week. He has been enthralled by this video, so it was pretty cool when we reached the very top of the road and saw two guys getting ready to skateboard back down the road (at least a couple of miles long and pretty steep and curvey!) just like the guys in the video. Karl immediately hopped out of the car to talk to them, and it turns out they're friends with the guys from the video. We were able to follow them down the road in our car. They were going at least 50 miles per hour on their skateboards, which was just crazy to me....I would have flown off and rolled down the hill after about 2 seconds. Karl just wrote a blog post about it, so check it out!

These are the guys going down the hill.

Once the skateboarding adventure was over we began our hike, which was beautiful! This trail provided amazing views of San Francisco, Berkeley, and Oakland. There were very few people along the way, so it was extremely peaceful and just nice to get out into nature since we live right in the city. As you can imagine, we took several pictures along the way, and a few are posted below. To see all of the pictures, just visit my Kodak Gallery and sign in to view them.

View of Oakland, the Bay, and San Francisco.


Karl and me at the top of the trail.

I loved this tree.

That's all for now! Be sure to check out the Kodak Gallery if you want to see more pics from our hike. Enjoy what's left of your weekend!

No comments: