Ever since I saw this woman show up on Saturday Night Live about 10 years ago I have basically been a huge fan of her. After she left SNL to start her own show, 30 Rock, I will admit I was kind of upset. How could the show go on?! Who would be as great as Tina Fey?! Well, along walked a little gal by the name of Kristin Wiig and all was forgiven. Plus we were all lucky enough to have Tina Fey playing Sarah Palin on the show this past season, so it didn't seem like she was reallllly gone yet. ;)Aside from her acting chops, I love it that she looks like a REAL person. She's not gorgeous in some "actress" sort of way like Penelope Cruz or Gwyneth Paltrow; she looks like a real woman you might pass on the street, yet she's still beautiful in her own unique way and I love that. I also like how "real" she seems in interviews...down-to-earth, doesn't take herself way too seriously, and is able to crack jokes that are actually funny.
I didn't watch her show 30 Rock for a long time but recently I've gotten into it (and I'm trying to bring Karl along on the journey! haha). I will admit that I saw her win all these Emmys, Golden Globes and other awards and I thought, "Come on, how good could that show actually be? I get the feeling it's a tad bit overrated..." so I started ordering the different seasons of it on Netflix and much to my delight, it is actually a REALLY GOOD show! It's very entertaining and the entire cast is great, not just Tina Fey. So anyways, I feel like I see a lot of myself in Liz Lemon, the TV producer that she plays on the show. That might be one reason I like it so much...-Completely dorky but tries to be cool? CHECK.
-Forgoes fashion for the sake of comfort? CHECK.
-Always has the best intentions but is often misunderstood? CHECK.
At any rate, I'm becoming completely addicted to the show and I encourage all of you to check it out if you've never seen an episode! Aside from Tina Fey, my second favorite actor on the show has got to be Jack McBrayer (see picture on the right), who plays the NBC page, Kenneth. Every single thing he does cracks me up...his character is so earnest, naive, and sweet. :)Again, check it out if you haven't already. Thursday nights on NBC after the Office!!! (Which, by the way, is also one of the best shows EVER.)
1 comment:
erik and i LOVE 30 rock! we always watch it on the computer...and laugh a lot! hilarious!
Post a Comment