Friday, October 10, 2008

I'm having a field day with all of this candidate news!

Is there a full moon tonight? Because two things have happened that boggle my mind:

1) John McCain actually defended Barack Obama in a town hall meeting! WOW! I never thought the day would come. Good for him for finally telling the truth about something - that Obama is a good, decent man.



2) Sarah Palin was found to have abused her power as Governor of Alaska and violated the state's ethics law. What?! No, it just can't be... You can't be serious... The same woman who has been going all over this country and telling crowds of people that Barack Obama is unethical and in cahoots with domestic terrorists is *gasp* unethical herself???? I'm being sarcastic in case you couldn't tell. Of course the woman is unethical. She has also just proven that she's an absolute hypocrite (in case you weren't already convinced).

I find this whole situation extremely amusing. John McCain thought that by picking Palin as his running mate he could woo all of the women in this country (sorry, John, we're just not that stupid...apparently you severely underestimated the intelligence of most of the women in this country) and thought that selecting her would greatly help him win the election. Now, in the span of five or six weeks, she has almost single-handedly ensured that he is going to lose. I do have to give McCain props for sticking up for Barack Obama to the crazy lady who said he was an Arab though. I'm glad to see McCain put a little bit of his own ethics on display. Now he just needs to start silencing the crowds at his rallies when they start yelling things like "off with his head" or "kill him" about Obama. To let that take place is just despicable. Shame on both McCain and Palin for tolerating these types of chants. Furthermore, shame on these people who would let something like that come out of their mouths when talking about another human being. This is the crowd that's supposed to be so "pro life", yet they want to cut someone's head off and kill him? I guess they are following Palin's hypocritical example.

I'm ready for the election to be over so that I hopefully never have to see Sarah Palin's face on another magazine cover or hear her "folksy" voice talking about Mavericks and Joe Six Packs. I just hope she never decides to run for another high-profile public office again... I don't know how much more of this woman I can take.

Karl and I are in Paso Robles to enjoy a relaxing weekend, so I'm going to get off of the computer now and watch a movie. :) Have a great weekend everyone!!!

No comments: