I have never been much of a hockey fan, but after reading this article that my mom sent me, I have a whole new appreciation for the Philadelphia Flyers fans!
Check out this video and you'll see what I mean:
Apparently the owner of the Flyers is a huge Republican, and from some of the articles I read, many people were upset that an arena supported by taxpayers' dollars would show such partisanship. I'm all for good sportsmanship, but it seems fair to me that people should be allowed to boo when they are unwillingly forced to watch a political candidate, and all they wanted to see was a hockey game. I also think Palin used her daughters to try to curb the potential negative reaction that she knew was likely - by having them walk out onto the ice with her she probably thought the fans might not be as harsh. I feel very sorry for her children.
That's all...I'll have updates later tonight or tomorrow with some pictures from our Paso Robles trip!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment